Requirements for our Power Engineering Programs
Minimum grade 12 successful graduation or equivalent. Our courses are suitable for those with an aptitude for engineering and a strong work ethic. Students should have graduated grade 12 whether recently or before pursuing other careers. Age, background and experience are not criteria, but candidates should have a grade 12 matriculation or Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT). Candidates will be thoroughly assessed for aptitude and should be prepared for the financial commitment to their training. Financial assistance may be available subject to criteria.
Requirements for Firing Time courses
Skeena Technical School can also assist diploma and correspondence course graduates from other institutions who have been unable to gain certification without the required practical work experience or “firing time”. Firing time course candidates should:
As a minimum have completed a 5th Class Power Engineering course or,
Have completed a 4th Class Power Engineering course from an accredited organisation or,
Have completed a correspondence course in 4th Class Power Engineering.
How to Apply
Admissions Process for Skeena Technical School Courses.
The admission process requires:
- Application Form
- Scholastic Transcripts – Please provide an official copy of:
- High School Transcript forwarded from the institution
- GED Transcript forwarded from the institution
- Post-secondary History – Please provide an official copy of:
- Post-secondary Transcript forwarded from the institution
Transcript of Power Engineering Courses completed and passed – Please provide an official copy of:
- Power Engineering Transcript forwarded from the institution
- Certificate of completion for course from a Power Engineering Institute
- Resume and/or personal profile and/or references may be required.
- Interview may be required.
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Applicant’s introduction
- The request of an opportunity to apply
- Explanation of purpose for applying
- Highlights of experiences or skills, and
- Program you are applying for (Practical Work Experience or Power Engineering Course)
- Aptitude Testing:
- Mathematics and/or English and/or trades aptitude test may be required.
- Additional requirements:
- Physically fit and able to adapt to working conditions.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Good health, free of vision, hearing or respiratory ailments.
- Valid driver’s license will be required for vehicle and equipment operation.